Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Yellow-Green, White and Black Mezuzahs


Hello everyone,

Today I thought I'd talk to you about the new line of mezuzahs I am making with the three colors of yellow-green, white and black.
This one made with a technique of mixing clay called Mokume Gane.  This is an ancient technique that Japanese metal smith used to forge swords. Now polymer clay is mixed in the same manner to come up with  the interesting pattern that you see. In addition to the three colors I have mixed silver leaf and translucent clay too.




This in is a simpler and smaller piece made of Yellow and white clay crackled with silver leaf.  You can see the signature stamp on the bottom left of the piece.  



This black one is a sleek piece bearing a Star of David with three triangles.





May your day be full of colors.
Goli
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaymaxCollection?ref=si_shop

No comments:

Post a Comment